SIMPLIFYING THE LATEST IN NEUROSCIENCE RESEARCH
How Your Brain Signals That It’s Time To Take Control Of Stress NOW!
The brain has many ways to signal us that we need to deal with stress and overwhelm before it causes detrimental health effects. However, a lot of us don’t know what ‘yellow lights’ to look out for.
Do you feel overwhelmed? Are you tired all the time? Do you have trouble getting to sleep and actually staying asleep?
Maybe you feel agitated a lot of the time… like you just can’t keep up with all the demands on your time. Or maybe you worry about every little thing, because after all, there’s so much to worry about these days. You just want to pull the covers over your head and pretend you are somewhere else.
If this sounds like you, you are not alone!
Since learning that my techniques had the power to prevent the debilitating effects of PTSD, I’ve made it my mission to reach people BEFORE they need therapy. I help my clients implement these strategies as a preventative measure, rather than having to cope with the financial and emotional costs of being off work due to a mental health crisis— sometimes for a year or more!
Maybe you are thinking you don’t have time.
You know what they say…
If you don’t make time for health, you will have to make time for illness.
- What would it cost you to take a few weeks or even months off work if you were ill?
- Do you have the time and financial resources to take the time off work to manage a stress-related health crisis?
- If not, join me in learning the strategies you need to build your own resilience toolbox so you are ready to deal with both current and future stresses!
While working with clients who have been diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety, and depression, I’ve discovered that many people are completely unaware of how the brain uses the ‘yellow lights’ to get our attention, so we CAN make changes while there is still time to maintain health.
These symptoms of stress are not the enemy, they are the alarms sounding!
You wouldn’t ignore a fire alarm going off in your house, would you? But more often than not, we ignore our bodies’ yellow lights, hoping they will just go away. Many people just don’t realize that these symptoms of stress are the warning signs that we need to listen to.
We need to figure out why those alarms are going off so we can treat the cause.
My clients have appreciated learning how to recognize the alarms, and have built their own unique resilience toolboxes full of strategies. This way, they not only to treat their current health issues such as PTSD and anxiety, but they know they have the right tools to face future stress without fear.
The good news is that you don’t have to wait until you are diagnosed with a mental health disorder to build that toolbox!
It’s time to make a decision.
You can keep going the way you are and hope that things get easier. You can continue to muddle through, hoping that things don’t get worse.
You can benefit from my decades-long passion for this subject, and know that in only 6 weeks, you can have the knowledge and tools you need to change your life for the better.
Not only will you be able to manage your own stress, but you can help your loved ones build their own stress-managing toolboxes as well.
Think of how much calmer you will be knowing that you have the strategies you need to move forward with confidence.
Hi, I’m Diane.
I’m a Registered Psychotherapist and educator. I’ve developed this six-week course combining psycho-education with small-group support to help you identify signs indicating that your stress levels have reached the ‘caution’ level, teach you about how the brain sends you warning signs, and help you build your own tool box of strategies to help you reduce the physical impact of stress on your mental, emotional, and physical health!
But I didn’t just develop this course for you. I created my own resilience toolbox to manage my own stress and overwhelm. There was a time where I was rather proud of the fact that I could apparently ‘burn the candle’ at both ends.
What I didn’t know then was that our bodies are not meant to do that, and I learned the hard way that if we don’t look after ourselves, we can’t look after anyone else. I believe in this program not only because it has worked for many others, but because it worked first for me!
The Four Pillars of Mental Health
Master Sleep Hygiene
De-activate the Sympathetic Nervous System
Activate the Para-sympathetic Nervous System
Put it all together to maintain equilibrium moving forward
I have been studying the brain and neuroscience for 40 years. It is my passion.
Okay, I may be a bit of a nerd, but the brain has the most amazing ability to communicate with us if we just learn to listen. I promise!
We often think we are ‘losing our minds’ when we experience the yellow light symptoms, but the truth is, our brains are doing what they were designed to do: signaling us of danger when we need to make changes.
But if we don’t KNOW how to recognize the symptoms as being the result of stress (headaches, digestive issues, Increased irritability…) , then how would we know we need to deal with them? And, HOW do we deal with them so we don’t end up ill?
I’d like to introduce to you Building Your Resilience Toolbox.
During this 6-week course you will:
- Learn how your brain is telling you that you need to take control of the stress in your life NOW.
- Understand how the four pillars of mental health work together to achieve and maintain optimum mental health.
- Learn why telling someone under stress to ‘relax’ or ‘calm down’ rarely works (hint: it’s because of the ‘teeter-totter’ in your brain).
- Learn how to maintain cognitive function as you age.
- Build your own unique resilience toolbox filled with strategies that will work best for you! There is no ‘one-size-fits-all solution.
- Have access to Q&A time with me each week to address your individual situations. I have been studying the brain and teaching for over 40 years. I am not only knowledgeable, but also warm, encouraging, and empathetic with the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand. Many of my students have described my teaching style as entertaining and clear, with a spark of humor. My courses are FUN!
- Receive support from other students who are going through similar challenges. It is good to know that whatever your struggles, others are going through similar ones.
How It Works:
We will work together to ensure that your needs are met and you know what you need to manage stress and overwhelm.
P.S. Space is limited, so don’t wait to register.
© Copyright Diane Wolf | 2021 | All Rights Reserved